What are the books to read, if you are aspiring to be or already a Development Manager?
Though, Development Manager title is not very common term in the services world, i am sure you will see this title very often with the Product development firms.
I found some interesting description here in the stackexchange forum.
Here is the list of books from my shelf. Hope it helps you!!
People and Team
- Peopleware: Productive Projects and Team
- Growing Great Employees: Turning Ordinary People into Extraordinary Performers
- Slack: Getting Past Burnout, Busywork, and the Myth of Total Efficiency
- The Truth about Managing People . . . And Nothing But The Truth
- Behind Closed Doors – Secrets of Great Management
- Hiring The Best Knowledge Workers, Techies & Nerds: The Secrets & Science Of Hiring Technical People
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team : A Leadership Fable
- Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great
- eXtreme Project Management: Using Leadership, Principles, and Tools to Deliver Value in the Face of Volatility
- Manage It!: Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
- Growing Software : Proven Strategies for Managing Software Engineers
- Driving Technical Change
- Changing Software Development – Learning to Become Agile
- The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement
- Managing Software Debt: Building for Inevitable Change
- Practices of an Agile Developer
- The Art of Agile Development
- Becoming Agile … In an Imperfect World
- Agile Estimating and Planning
- Agile Testing | A Practical Guide for Agile Testers and Teams
- Scrum and XP from the Trenches
- Agile software requirements – Lean Requirements Practices for teams, Programs, and the Enterprise
- Becoming a Technical Leader: An Organic Problem-Solving Approach
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful
- The Mythical Man-Month
- Influencer : Power to Change anything
- Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High
- Beyond Code: Learn to distinguish yourself in 9 simple steps!
- Object Design: Roles, Responsibilities, and Collaborations
- Object-Oriented Thought Process
- Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code
- Ship it! A Practical Guide to Successful Software Projects
- Emergent Design: The Evolutionary Nature of Professional Software Development
- Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation
- Art of Capacity Planning : Scaling Web Resources
Feel free to send me the books in your list. I will keep updating this list.