In my previous posts, we looked at an overview of Kanban. When i first heard about Kanban (6-9 months back) the first thing which came into my mind is what is different in Kanban? We’ve been following Scrum for the last 5 years or so and what could be different in this?
In the article Kanban Development Oversimplified, author has mentioned the following will change in Kanban.
1. Time-boxed development is out
2. Stories are larger and fewer
3. Estimation is optional or out completely
4. Velocity is replaced by cycle time
When i first read this, following are the things which came into my mind.
1. We do not have Iterations (Time-boxed). What the heck?
2. Stories are Larger (Epic). Wait, in Scrum we wanted stories to be broken down into smaller stories. What will you do with Larger stories?
3. No Estimation : You must be crazy
Why in the world we need to do all this? I started doing more research and found answers for the above.
I’ll share them in the next post.
Kanban Development Oversimplified