When I was young, I remember my parents commenting about the kind of people with whom I was hanging out. I am sure your parents also would have told you the same. Why do parents tell their kids that they don’t want them to hang out with certain people?
It’s because they fear that their kids will also become like them.
You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with – Jim Rohn.
We all would have encountered this situation quite often. We may be feeling very good and then encounter a person, and suddenly we become too depressed. Our moods are quite contagious, and they can often instantly affect us in a positive or a negative way.
Now if you do not want to encounter the situation what is mentioned above then the only option we have is to surround ourselves with positive people. Stay away from the energy vampires/psychic vampires.
It’s very important to understand Energy Vampires.
Some people, by their very presence, seem to drain the energy of those unprotected people around them. They will often associate with a victim who exhibits the classic signs of this drain.
General debility, lack of motivation and energy, an emaciated physique, a pallid complexion, and an overall sense of weakness are typically noted. These victims also tended to be highly suggestible people. The dominant partner (energy vampire) always resists a successful treatment, or protection, applied to their victim.
Most of these energy vampires are well-meaning, normal people. They are an unhappy lot, and do their damage by a telepathic draining of their victim’s energy resources. Mere separation of two people results in immediate positive changes in the victim.
Energy vampires drain positive energy in many ways, such as:
- Energy Vampires makes big deals out of nothing. Energy vampires are often called “drama queens” because they can easily turn a broken nail into a Shakespearean tragedy. Negative energy spreads from everyday events.
- They will complain constantly about their partners, jobs, children, bad luck, and illnesses. Energy vampires like to vent.
- They will not take “no” for an answer. Energy vampires don’t consider your needs.
- They will be unrelentingly negative. Their negative energy is relentless, and energy vampires drain your positive energy by encouraging you to be negative, too.
- They will blame everyone else for their problems (energy vampires don’t take responsibility).
Now on the other hand, Positive People reinforce positivity, impregnate the environment with positive energy, and allow good things to happen.
It is a big enough challenge to remain positive; you do not want to deal with the constant negativity of another person.
Even a single negative person in a group of persons is enough to bring down the energy level of the entire group and make work very difficult.
Jack Canfield in his book “How to get from where you are to where you want to be” says until you reach the point in your self-development where you no longer allow people to affect you with their negativity, one need to avoid toxic people at all costs. He says “You are better off spending time alone than spending time with people who will hold you back with their victim mentality and their mediocre standards”.
Law of Attraction: Like attracts like. You get what you put your energy and focus on, whether wanted or unwanted. The Law of Attraction is neutral. All forms of matter and energy are attracted to that which is of a like vibration. You are a living magnet. Energy attracts like energy.
- It gives you back everything you say or do. Our life is simply a reflection of our actions.
- If you want more love in the world, create more love in your heart.
- If you want more competence in your team, improve your competence.
This relationship applies to everything, in all aspects of life; Life will give you back everything you have given to it.
It is important to surround yourself with positive people if you want to succeed in life.
Make a conscious effort to surround yourself with positive, nourishing and uplifting people – people who believe in you, encourage you to go after your dreams, and applaud your victories. Surround yourself with possibility thinkers.
My Special Thanks to Manu for sharing the book (How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be: The 25 Principles of Success) with me.